Pre-marital Counseling @ MT
So what’s premarital counseling all about?:
There's a U.S. Marine saying I have always loved: "We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to the level of our training." I happen to believe that both are true, but when it comes to things like marriage, we often don't consider how important it is to train before we even get started. Premarital counseling gets you and your partner ready for the long haul and is a great fit for couples who are co-habitating, engaged, or newly married. Marriage is a beautiful and unpredictable adventure which sometimes requires more than love and good intentions. It requires some digging, honesty, and the support of a solid foundation to fall back on when life throws you a curveball. So, let’s start exploring your relationship, asking all those unasked questions, and preparing you to have a marriage that is rock solid from the get-go.
What does premarital counseling at MT look like?:
//AT MT, we are all about offering our clients services that are uniquely matched to their needs and values (not our idea of your what you should value). We will explore the already awesome parts of your relationship and make them stronger and uncover the areas that may need a little more love. After each session, you and your partner will leave with greater insight into your relationship, exercises to work on to promote growth, and skills/knowledge that you can draw on for the rest of your lives together. And, believe me, you will have fun along the way!
>>> Alright, that’s all sounding pretty good, but what are some of the goals we will work on?
- Communicate your feelings and wants with honesty and love
- Handle stress and learn ways to care for yourselves and each other
- Transform conflict into a creative opportunity
- Manage relationships with extended family and in-laws, including around wedding planning
- Discuss financial planning and all the practical matters that come with being a twosome
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
- Build and maintain a partnership marriage that can respond to changes in your life situation through the years
- Nurture closeness and intimacy, even though you’re both super busy
- Explore cultural differences, religion, and spirituality how they can enrich your life together
Most of all, you can learn to build on your strengths and work as a team to nurture a relationship that will, in turn, nurture the two of you for a lifetime.
Let's prepare for the long-haul
Schedule online here, shoot us a contact form below, or call us at 281.783.9297. Questions about rates? Click here.